Saturday, September 11, 2010

and so a new chapter begins...

Exactly a year ago I handed in my resignation to my first job in the fashion industry, working retail at Wanted Shoes. The shoe showings and amazing things I learnt about designers made me realise that I can make my dream of being the next crazy, fabulous fashionsta come true. I was overwhelmed with excitement and mostly petrified at the new role I was undertaking. I kept thinking, "this is my foot in the door, if I can succeed at this, I'm in!" Nothing could have prepared me for what the fashion industry had in store for me, selling, designing, marketing - I did it all. Who would have thought I'd end up putting my years worth of uni-taught photography skills to use? Another year later, with what feels like a brain full of knowledge, I decided that I wanted to see more, learn and gain all the experience humanly possible while I'm still so young. I can't wait to see what Shilla has in store for me.

Thank you Ladakh for being the door that gave me the chance to dip my toes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment